Website Five Entertainment Management
We are currently looking for Musical Supervisors onboard cruise ships, responsible for the coordination, planning, and supervision of the musicians, and guest artist activities, in particular for the artistic-musical supervision and development of all musical formats in the Entertainment Department.
• Responsible for the disciplinary supervision of all musicians in the Entertainment department and all related administrative duties.
• Responsible for the artistic and content related supervision of all musicians, singers of the ensemble, and all music related activities.
• Responsible contact person for guest artists in all music-related matters.
• Participation in the voyage planning of the Entertainment Program, under the guidance of the Entertainment Manager and in collaboration with the Entertainment management team, focusing on the disposition of the staff reporting directly to them.
• Scheduling of rehearsals and guidance of synergies and different constellations of all musicians and guest artists in music-related matters.
• Identification of developmental potential, necessary corrections, rehearsal management and work on continuous improvement.
• Holding regular artistic-conceptual meetings with all musicians, singers and guest artists.
• Piano-accompaniment of the guest artists, singers and, if possible, integration into the performances and sets of the musicians as well as performance of own concerts.
• Scheduling and, if required, assumption of the necessary bar piano slots (e.g. cocktail events).
• Supervision of all sound checks on board. Contact person for guest artists and musicians in sound matters in all entertainment venues as well as mobile areas.
• Assisting in the preparation of musician’s and singer’s crew appraisals.
• General filing, administrative duties, emails, etc.
• Qualified musical education (Study of an instrument / music college desirable) and / or extensive experience in guiding and leading musicians and bands.
• Very good knowledge of music (focus on popular music, musical), large repertoire.
• Experience as a repetiteur, musical director or similar, preferably on board a cruise ship.
• Experience working with and accompanying singers.
• Confident piano playing ability.
• Experience in reading and handling sheet music.
• Band experience is desirable.
• Experience working and interacting with other artists and technicians.
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience in artistic direction.
• Business fluent English (spoken and written).
• Knowledge of German and other languages is an advantage.
• Strong understanding of service and customer orientation.
• Experience in complaint management.
• Good general education.
3 to 6 months contract
Please send your CV, headshot, referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line”Musical Supervisor for Cruise Ships”
You must sign in to apply for this position.